When power shortages occur, industry and production stop, but more than this, the loss of confidence for the local economy can be truly devastating.
In developed countries such as the United States, the national cost of power interruptions has been estimated at about 80 billion USD annually.
In developing countries where power interruptions are more frequent, the costs to business, citizens and government is even greater.
There are many reasons why industries and governments find themselves short of power:
- Increasing pressure on the local utility caused by the rapid industrialisation of a region
- Cyclical patterns of energy drought, such as drought or seasonal low winds
- Location of an industrial facility far from a reliable utility source
- Aging and breakdown of permanent infrastructure
Whatever the reason for power shortage, Aggreko power plants are a cost-effective solution which enables customers to hire the power they need for as long as they need it.
Our applications supporting the power utility sector include:
- Supplementing the grid to overcome generation capacity constraints
- Seasonal peak during periods of increased demand
- Temporary power during planned maintenance or unplanned outages
- Power for remote areas not yet connected to the grid
- Power for construction and commissioning a new project site
- Load banks for testing generators and power systems
- Rural electrifications for remote island, where main grid is unable to reach
- Efficient and reliable diesel power generation or gas power generation packages
- Modular equipment design from 5MW to 160MW operating at all common utility voltages, from 3.3kV to 63kV