Live Webinar: Improving Vacuum Distillation Profitability
“Refinery managers and engineers are under immense pressure to keep their petrochemical plant safe, productive and cost-effective, despite facing turnarounds and ageing equipment challenges. This webinar looks at how to enhance process performances of vacuum distillation in petrochemical refineries through unconventional applications of industrial refrigeration.”
Join us on Thursday 26th November for our live webinar Improving Vacuum Distillation Profitability,' in partnership with the Institute of Chemical Engineers and its membership journal, The Chemical Engineer. The CPD accredited content will be hosted by Massimo Capra, our renowned refinery and chemical process engineering expert. Massimo will share his 35 years of experience to help engineers overcome a plethora of challenges exacerbated by the 2020 pandemic.
Our short webinar will assess and evaluate the benefits of:
- Introducing unconventional refrigeration methods to aid process performance.
- Engineered temporary cooling solutions will be explored that allow for:
- Unit de-bottlenecking,
- Mitigation of deteriorated utilities conditions, and
- Support of operation while processing opportunity crudes.
Content also includes:
- Vacuum Distillation Unit (VDU) as part of the refinery backbone;
- Crude Distillation Unit (CDU) and VDU thermal integration;
- Scope of the VDU in the refining process;
- Vacuum generating equipment;
- The benefits of achieving deeper vacuum;
- Industrial refrigeration as a tool to improve vacuum; and
- Temporary revamps with refrigeration for hire.
Date: Thursday 26 November 2020
Time: 11:00am (GMT)