You’ve served your country – now it’s time to serve the world!
If you’re a military veteran and looking for a rewarding career that makes the most of your skills, strengths and mindset, then Aggreko could help you to power your career.
REME or Royal Engineers, an aircraft engineer, submarine mechanic or weapons engineer, you could find the perfect role for you outside of the military at Aggreko.
What do we do?
We bring power, heat and cooling to customers and communities no matter where they are – from the busiest cities to the most remote places on earth. We deliver energy anywhere.
Look at our huge range of case studies. You’ll see we electrify Glastonbury using cleaner fuels, use solar to power mines in Australia, help Netflix to burn less diesel when they film on location, keep ice rinks frozen around the world, and bring relief when natural disasters strike.
Engineering jobs for ex-forces – your experience and skills are what we’re looking for
For all of our roles, we look for people from all kinds of backgrounds who can think on their feet, take the initiative and innovate as a team. Strong interpersonal and listening skills are important too, with a calm, confident approach to problem solving in a fast-paced environment.
We offer a range of career opportunities in different locations right across the UK, from Plymouth to Swindon, and London to Glasgow. And because we’re global – the world is open to you.
Not sure where you’ll fit? Just send us your CV…
We know it’s not always easy to find the right role for you outside of the forces, we’re here to help.
Just send us your CV and we’ll give you a call to chat through your career, experience and skills to help you find your place at Aggreko. You’ll also be able to ask any questions you have to see if we’re the right next step for you.
If we think we’re a good fit after our initial chat then we’ll help you find the right role for you and get your application moving!
Our commitment to the Armed Forces
In 2023 Aggreko achieved a Silver Award in the Ministry of Defence’s Employer Recognition Scheme. This is in recognition of our commitment and proactive work to ensure those who serve or have served, along with their families, aren’t disadvantaged in the workplace and are supported to succeed.
- We support Reservists including offering additional days of paid leave to carry out their duties.
- We offer work placements and insight days to veterans seeking employment.
- We support the employment of Service spouses, partners, and dependants by engaging with Forces Families Jobs and offering short notice leave to those whose partners are sent on deployment.
- We’re working with the Career Transition Partnership to establish a tailored pathway for Service leavers.
- We have an internal Armed Forces Network, to enable colleagues with an Armed Forces connection to link up and support one another and provide feedback to us as an organisation.
Armed Forces Covenant
We first signed the Armed Forces Covenant back in 2015 and renewed this in 2023.
The covenant is our corporate commitment to hiring veterans and supporting the Armed Forces community. It’s a voluntary pledge of support with two key principles:
- No member of the armed forces community should face disadvantage in the provision of public and commercial services compared to any other citizen.
- In some circumstances special treatment may be appropriate, especially for the injured or bereaved.
We continue to work with our internal Armed Forces Network to further develop how we support veterans, reservists and their families. We’re working towards a Gold Award and have signed similar commitments across the Globe including the United States, Australia and New Zealand.