Aggreko Apprenticeships & Graduates
WE SERVE THE WORLD
We bring power, heat and cooling to customers and communities no matter where they are – from the busiest cities to the most remote places on earth. We deliver energy anywhere.
Look at our huge range of case studies. You’ll see we electrify Glastonbury using cleaner fuels, use solar to power mines in Australia, help Netflix to burn less diesel when they film on location, keep ice rinks frozen around the world, and bring relief when natural disasters strike.
THE FIRST STAGE ON A GLOBAL CAREER LADDER
We’re a team of 6,500 specialists, from all corners of the globe. And lots of us began our careers as an apprentice or a graduate, learning about the technology that sits behind our products.
FINANCE GRADUATE PROGRAMME
Applications are now open for our Finance Graduate Programme.
As a Finance Graduate at Aggreko you’ll work alongside the key finance functions across the Group, giving you the opportunity to truly understand the business, and receive full study support for the ICAS CA qualification. You’ll work with colleagues across all levels, helping to drive business performance.
The programme duration is three years, consisting of 3-9 month rotations in the following departments:
- Financial Reporting
- Financial Planning and Analysis
- Management Accounting – Manufacturing
- Management Accounting – Regional Finance
- Corporate Tax
- Group Treasury
- Internal Audit
What we’re looking for
- Final year students on track for, or a recent university graduate with, a minimum of a 2:1 in Accounting, Finance or Business (BA).
- A demonstratable strong academic record.
- You’ll be able to talk about your accounting and/or financial skills gained from internships, placements and work experience, or from extra-curricular activities.
- You’re a self-motivated, team player with the ability to communicate with people at all levels in the business.
- Adaptable to a highly dynamic environment.
- You are fluent in English.
- Local and/or international travel may be required as part of your role.
HR GRADUATE PROGRAMME
Applications are closed for 2024.
Our 2025 HR Graduate Programme will open for applications in late 2024.
IT GRADUATE PROGRAMME
Our IT graduate programme will be open for applications in February 2024.
Applications for our engineering apprenticeship programme will open in February 2024.
Applications for our apprenticeship programmes in England and Scotland will open in February 2024.
PEOPLE JOIN FOR DIFFERENT REASONS
- Breadth of development
- Although we're sixty years old, it doesn't feel like it when you work here. So you can expect the professionalism and high standards of a larger company, yet without being pigeon-holed into a narrow role.
- Whichever apprenticeship you apply for, you'll get a breadth of experience and development. Because there's a lot going on to deliver for today's customers and build products for tomorrow's customers.
- "No two days are ever the same."
Support and team atmosphere
- There’s always support with your studies and if you need help then we’ll find someone to guide you.
- The sense of teamwork is unique – it’s one of our core values – and we make sure people feel welcome and included, so they can be themselves at work.
- We’ve good camaraderie – everyone is open and honest – I don’t know anyone who’s come here and couldn’t get along with everyone.”
Variety and travel
- If you join one of our engineering apprenticeship programmes and want to travel, then you’ll have the chance to see just how our equipment is used. It’s entirely optional.
- Our technical apprentices have powered the Commonwealth Games in Birmingham, seen US presidents at COP26 in Glasgow, and thrilled the crowds at the Goodwood Festival of Speed.
- “You’ve built it, your name is on it, and now you get to run it – from doing the fuelling to setting up the distribution panels. Everything from the engine down to the phone charger.”