Power and HVAC technician careers
At Aggreko, our power and HVAC technicians deliver power, heat and cooling to customers and communities across the world: from the busiest cities to the most remote places on earth. We’re always looking for knowledgeable, reliable and passionate technicians to help us make a difference.
Our technicians typically:
- Are either based at one of our depots, at a customer site, or are field-based and travel to customer sites and events.
- Often spend more time with customers than anyone else in Aggreko – it’s often our technicians who build the most trust with our customers, and regularly ‘save the day’ by coming up with solutions that work for them, and responding to their service callouts.
- Maintain, repair and set-up our equipment – becoming the ‘experts’ that others in the team will turn to for advice – across a huge variety of technologies, covering power generators, diesel engines, electrical distribution equipment, HVAC equipment and oil free air compressors.
- Get to see things that most people rarely see – going behind the scenes at major events, our technicians have seen presidents, internationally-acclaimed artists and athletes, and TV celebrities while they prepare to perform.
Why join Aggreko?
- Fresh challenges every day – because each customer application has its own unique requirements, and each location has its own challenges, no two days are ever the same.
- Learn about new technologies – we work on a wide variety of equipment, from gas generators to battery storage, from HVAC to load banks, so there is always more to learn.
- A supportive team – once you join the team, you are never alone. There is always someone who will stop what they’re doing to help you. And with our technical services support team, specialist expertise is always at hand.
- Comprehensive training – we make sure you have all the right skills to deliver outstanding service to our customers, across our entire fleet.
- Safety is in our DNA – everyone in Aggreko, no matter what their level of experience, has the authority to stop work if they believe there is a risk to anyone’s safety. We only re-start once everyone is happy that it’s safe to do so.
- Benefits and overtime – our annual bonus plan gives everyone a share in our success, and you’ll have the opportunity to work overtime and weekends. And many colleagues benefit from our tool purchase policy, annual vouchers for new boots, and prescription safety glasses.
- Travel or don’t, it’s up to you – you can travel the world to power the most incredible events, or base yourself at a depot if you prefer a more stable routine. And if your appetite for travel changes, Aggreko can adapt with you.
- State of the art apps on your phone – helping you to deliver for customers safely and easily, our apps help you research equipment, access fuel/power consumption details, remotely monitor equipment, and report health and safety concerns.
- A world-leading company – Aggreko is one of the world’s largest rental companies, and offers the stability, security and professionalism that comes with our 60-year history.
To be a successful power or HVAC technician, you will need:
- Experience of working on power generators and/or commercial HVAC equipment – performing inspections, maintenance, and repairs
- To enjoy working in a fast-paced environment where no two days are the same – continuously learning how best to deliver for customers
- To be able to manage your time effectively so that, as a team, we can deliver for customers.
- To feel confident calculating nominal and effective tonnage and/or kW requirements, along with reading and understanding schematics
- The flexibility to move or lift objects that typically weigh less than 20kg or 50lb
- A driving licence
Read more about Aggreko’s careers and values and how we encourage applications from people with different backgrounds.
Sound like the right place for you? We’re looking forward to hearing from you.