Steel Yourself Against Any Challenge with Aggreko
Keeping Your Mill Operational and Profitable, Whatever the Future Brings
Steel manufacturing is both energy and carbon intensive and is one of the top 3 contributors to CO2 emissions. Recent advances in regulations, along with commitment among some governments in Africa to reduce CO2 emissions, have led various steelmakers to set high decarbonization goals in coming years.
At Aggreko Africa we are locally equipped to steel mills meet their production requirements by supplying solutions for maintenance and production. All these while employing sustainable technology for new steel mills or replacing ageing infrastructure.
Reducing carbon emissions in manufacturing
Steel continues playing an important role in renewable energy technology such as wind and solar energy and is the most recycled material in the world making the need to optimize steel making productivity critical.
With our world-class range of temperature control solutions, gas and thermal hybrid power solutions we can help you tackle your medium to long decarbonization strategies and be at the forefront of Green Steel.
No Disruption, No Downtime, No Drama
Here are just some of the ways we can help at your steel mill:
- Design a bespoke, right-sized installation to meet all your power with fuel efficient units, cooling, and/or air quality control needs
- Keep all operations at your steel mill running uninterrupted during maintenance shutdowns, turnarounds, and upgrades
- Help you improve and implement better processes
- Provide cooling and power to support you through furnace and ladle relining
- Supply BOF and finishing mills with compressed air, system, and quench water, as well as cooling towers and chillers
- Create a contingency plan that kicks into action the moment disaster strikes
- Monitor the performance of all our equipment round-the-clock, fixing problems before you even notice them with our remote monitoring
Keen to improve key processes, complete turnarounds without downtime and steel yourself against emergencies? With years of experience supporting steel mills like yours, our expert team knows exactly how to take the heat off your problem.
Our experienced engineers are here to help you keep cool under pressure —but why wait until disaster strikes? We can help you make your steel mill more productive, efficient, and resilient today.