“Whether you’re operating a wind farm, a photovoltaic plant, or a hydropower dam, we can help you to bring your power"
Bringing renewable energy plants online
Renewable energy is an effective way of tapping into natural resources to power businesses, communities and homes. But building and commissioning wind, solar, hydropower, waste-to-energy and anaerobic digestion plants takes years of planning.
We have extensive experience in helping renewable energy projects complete on time. Our specialist engineers can work closely with you to understand your project, then provide the right power and loadbank package to bring your plant to life. And if there is a grid outage we can be there quickly with temporary generators to keep your equipment healthy.
Your lifetime partner for wind farms
We’ve been working with the wind farm industry since it started, so we know that each stage of design brings unique challenges. We can work with turbine manufacturers, wind farm operators and contractors to help you with:
- Planning and infrastructure: We can provide power for your site surveys and initial infrastructure work, including laying cables and civil works. We can also supply power, heating, cooling and dehumidification for site camps and wind turbine equipment storage.
- Construction: We can provide power, distribution and fuel management during wind farm construction and installation, together with temperature-control equipment for storage units and worker accommodation.
- Pre-commissioning: We can provide the power needed to fully test turbines prior to commissioning the wind farm, to make sure nothing has been damaged during transit to the site.
- Testing and commissioning: Our high-voltage technicians will bring in a tailor-made package, including loadbanks, generatorsand transformers, to mirror the power conditions and loads you expect from the grid, so you can be sure that everything will work perfectly from the moment you connect to it. This can result in early revenue generation and meeting subsidy reduction deadlines.
- Operation and maintenance: If grid power is disconnected for any reason, we can provide a temporary power solution to keep your equipment healthy and make sure you return to exporting power swiftly. We can help you manage temperature and humidity levels during blade repairs with equipment that we’ll tailor to regional and seasonal conditions. We can also provide power, heating, cooling and dehumidification during tower upgrades and maintenance.
Whether you’re working onshore or offshore, our dedicated engineers will be by your side – every step of the way.
Bringing power online and supplementing it when needed
Communities and businesses rely on a steady, dependable power supply. So it’s important to make sure your new plant will be up to the task, together with planning for times when bad weather or seasonal changes threaten your power production.
Whether you’re operating a wind farm, a photovoltaic plant, or a hydropower dam, we can help you to bring your power supply online – on time. Our high-voltage engineers will bring in our loadbanks and transformers to mirror the conditions and loads you expect, so you can be sure that everything will work perfectly the moment you connect to the grid.
We can also bridge the gap when nature stops you from producing power. So if you have to turn off your wind turbines during a storm, or if a drought stops hydropower production, we’ll keep things going with generators that we can synchronise with the grid, while meeting all regulations.
What’s more, our engineers are used to working in challenging locations. So no matter how isolated your site, we’ll find the best way to get our equipment to you – by air, land, sea, or river.
Working with cleaner fuels and quieter generators
We’re committed to working with you in the most environmentally sensitive way possible. That’s why we’ve developed a range of generators to run on gas. Our natural gas generators have low emissions, are virtually smoke free and are sound-proofed to comply with local noise regulations. What’s more, because they’re containerised, we’ve significantly reduced the risk of engine fluid spills. We’ve also adapted generators to run on biodiesel and non-standard gases. All of which means that we can use the best, and lowest cost fuel available to meet your site needs.
“The speed in which Aggreko installed their generators was very quick. Meeting our tight deadlines, they were able to supply us with high quality, reliable equipment and very responsive staff.”
“I was delighted by the excellent service delivered by the French onsite project engineers.”
“We’ve worked with the Renewable industry since it started, so we know how to bring sites online in the most efficient and cost-effective way.”