“Power plants can’t run at their best without regular maintenance. However, you need to keep planned outages to a minimum, or risk letting your customers down.”
Power is in our blood
We believe our power generation, transmission, and distribution expertise is second to none. Whether you’re bringing a fossil fuel plant or nuclear plant online, need temporary power and distribution during planned or unplanned outages, or have HVAC, compressed air, or dehumidification needs, Aggreko has a trusted track record.
We know that no two plants are the same. So instead of supplying off-the-shelf rental equipment, we listen to your needs, work out the best approach, then engineer, deliver, install, monitor, and maintain the best solution for the job. Most of the time, this means we custom-design power, cooling or dehumidification systems for our customers, and this is where we excel.
Our electrical engineers and industry-savvy technicians are certified to work in the utilities industry, which means we know how to reduce outage days, keep customer interruptions to a minimum and maintain a safe working environment. You’ll be in safe hands with us as your utility partner.
How we keep power flowing to your customers
Our experienced utility engineers can help you by:
- Supplementing the grid to overcome generation capacity constraints
- Seasonal peak shaving during periods of increased demand
- Temporary power during planned maintenance or unplanned outages
- Power for remote areas not yet connected to the grid
- Power for construction and commissioning a new power plant
- Loadbanks for testing generators and power systems
- Transmission and distribution support to achieve rural electrifications through network extension
- Efficient and reliable diesel power generation or gas power generation packages
- Modular equipment design at all common utility voltages, from 3.3kV to 63kV
“It’s essential for utility companies to keep the lights on for their customers. We understand power plants and grids inside out, so we can get things online fast.”
Keep downtime to a minimum in the most efficient way
Power plants can’t run at their best without regular maintenance. However, you need to keep planned outages to a minimum, or risk letting your customers down. We can help you review your processes and plan the best approach to your maintenance schedules to reduce your outage days.
During maintenance, we can supply high-voltage switch gear and transformers that sync with the grid to augment, or replace, power. And if you face a sudden power outage, our expertise and fast turnaround times mean that we can get you back online as quickly and as painlessly as possible.
Health and safety first: keeping critical conditions cool
We put safety at the heart of everything we do. From making work environments comfortable to installing cooling systems in power plants, there are many ways we can keep mission-critical systems running.
- Dehumidification systems to help preserve your equipment and protect turbine engines from corrosion.
- Cooling towers to enhance power production by lowering discharge temperatures.
- Effective workspace cooling systems.
We also have the skills and accreditation to provide comprehensive power and cooling systems for nuclear plants, including efficient cooling of spent nuclear fuel – something very few companies can claim.
see our cooling products