Help us to deliver for customers and communities across the world
At Aggreko, our power and HVAC technicians deliver power, heat and cooling to customers and communities across the world, from the busiest cities to the most remote places on earth. We’re always looking for knowledgeable, reliable and passionate technicians to help us make a difference.
What it’s like on the job for a technician at Aggreko
- You’ll either be based at one of our depots, at a customer site, or be field-based and travel to customer sites and events.
- You’ll likely spend more time with customers than anyone else in Aggreko – it’s often our technicians who build the most trust with our customers, and regularly ‘save the day’ by coming up with solutions that work for them, and responding to their service callouts.
- Day to day you’ll maintain, repair and set-up our equipment – becoming an expert that others in the team can turn to – across a huge variety of technologies, covering power generators, diesel engines, electrical distribution equipment, HVAC equipment and oil free air compressors.
- You’ll get to see things that most people rarely see – going behind the scenes at major events and projects, our technicians have seen presidents, internationally-acclaimed artists and athletes, and TV celebrities while they’re getting ready to perform.
Looking for a new adventure? Join our team!
Reasons to join Aggreko as a technician
- Fresh challenges every day – because each customer application has its own unique requirements, and each location has its own challenges, no two days are ever the same.
- Get hands on with new technologies – we work on a wide variety of equipment, from gas generators to battery storage, from HVAC to load banks. We continue to invest in greener technologies to enable change for our customers and build a more sustainable future , so there is always more to learn.
- A supportive team – once you join the team, you are never alone. There is always someone who will stop what they’re doing to help you. And with our technical services support team, specialist expertise is always at hand.
- Comprehensive training – we make sure you have all the right skills to deliver outstanding service to our customers, across our entire fleet.
- Safety is in our DNA – everyone in Aggreko, no matter what their level of experience, has the authority to stop work if they believe there is a risk to anyone’s safety. We only start again once everyone is happy that it’s safe to do so.
- Benefits and overtime – our annual bonus plan gives everyone a share in our success, and you’ll have the opportunity to work overtime and weekends. And many colleagues benefit from our tool purchase policy, annual vouchers for new boots, and prescription safety glasses.
- Travel or don’t, it’s up to you – you can travel the world to power the most incredible events, or base yourself at a depot if you prefer a more stable or predictable routine. And if your appetite for travel changes, Aggreko can adapt with you.
- State of the art apps on your phone – helping you to deliver for customers safely and easily, our apps help you research equipment, access fuel/power consumption details, remotely monitor equipment, and report health and safety concerns.
- As a world-leading provider of energy solutions, with a 60-year history, we offer stability, security and professionalism.
To be a successful power or HVAC technician, you will need:
- Experience of working on power generators and/or commercial HVAC equipment – performing inspections, maintenance, and repairs.
- To enjoy working in a fast-paced environment where no two days are the same – continuously learning how best to deliver for customers.
- To be able to manage your time effectively so that, as a team, we can deliver for customers.
- To feel confident calculating nominal and effective tonnage and/or kW requirements, along with reading and understanding schematics.
- The flexibility to move or lift objects that typically weigh less than 20kg (50lb).
- A driving licence.