Covid-19 - How we are helping our customers and community
Firstly, I’d like to wish all of Aggreko’s people, customers and partners good health as COVID-19 continues to impact lives across the world. These are unprecedented times and, as a global community, it is absolutely vital that we work together to support the effort to combat the virus.
As a power provider, we’re immensely proud of our team members who are providing essential services around the world to ensure society can continue to function throughout this pandemic. We’re providing our key workers with all the support we can to ensure their safety is protected as they work tirelessly to deliver much-needed energy to communities and crucial industries.
We’re monitoring the situation daily and making decisions based on the latest guidance from the World Health Organisation (WHO), the International SOS, Centre for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and local government agencies.
To protect the lives and livelihoods of our people, customers and wider community across the world, we’re taking the following action:
1, Regularly updating our teams’ personal protective equipment (PPE) guidelines and preventive measures in line with the WHO recommendations. This includes enforcement of pre-established personal hygiene regimes in our offices and operations.
2. Increasing awareness of the COVID-19 symptoms so appropriate and timely measures can be implemented if necessary.
3. Putting in place the necessary framework so that all of our people who can work from home can now do so.
4. Introducing split shifts to minimise the risk of transmission of the virus, which helps to ensure our customers continue to receive the support they rely on.
5. Reviewing our external supply chain to ensure continuity of products and services.
6. Promoting use of our Aggreko Remote Monitoring (ARM), which allows us to limit physical presence on site.
7. Using technology solutions to stop all travel for internal and third-party meetings, and significantly reducing non-critical business travel for our employees worldwide.
I want to assure you that we will do everything we can to support our people, customers, partners and the communities in which we operate through this particularly challenging time.