Added peace of mind with loadbank hire
Testing your power or cooling systems under real world conditions
Our dedicated team of specialists have extensive experience delivering loadbank testing projects for a range of sectors, including manufacturing, renewables, data centres and shipping. Thoroughly testing power and cooling systems before they are go live, reduces the risk of problems during commissioning, project delays and potential contract penalties.
Loadbank hire - the kit and the know-how
It’s vital to test your systems so you know they’re up to the job – whether you’re commissioning new generators or cooling systems, or need to carry out routine maintenance. Loadbanks are used to test electrical power and cooling equipment. They simulate variable electrical load conditions in a way that can be accurately controlled, measured and recorded.
As each test is different, we offer a range of loadbank rentals and supporting equipment that we match to your needs. Here are the load bank generators that are available to hire:
- AC loadbanks from 100 kW ‘resistive only’ to 6000 kVA combined ‘resistive and reactive’ in single or multiple units
- DC loadbanks capable of accepting voltages up to 500 V
- Multi-tap transformers fitted with high voltage switchgear and protection as standard
We’ve designed our controls to make testing simple. You can do it remotely using a simple hand-held device, or on a laptop using our testing software, which allows you to collect test data – useful if you need to give your customers or partners proof of testing.
In addition, we provide full load test documentation for quality auditing purposes, including method statements and schematics.
From a single 10 kW low voltage test, to a large, multi-megawatt, high voltage application, we’re always prepared with our loadbank hire service.
Testing and commissioning applications for loadbank hire
Our resistive and reactive load bank rentals can be used for:
- Maintenance testing of power equipment
- Testing lower power factor simulation, frequency converters or full electrical system integration
- Pre-commissioning and commissioning of newly installed renewables projects, including wind turbines and solar panels
- Commissioning of newly installed power systems, including turbines, diesel generators, motors and uninterrupted power systems (UPS), in particular for critical sites such as data centres
- Testing cooling systems, including chillers and air conditioning systems
Why choose loadbank rentals and testing with Aggreko?
- Loadbank rentals can be delivered and installed in the shortest possible time-frame to meet your needs
- Loadbank testing generators can thoroughly prove power management systems and systems integration prior to go-live, and we're experts in loadbank hire testing
- Thoroughly testing power systems before they are commissioned reduces the risk of problems during commissioning, project delays and potential contract penalties
- Loadbank rentals eliminates the need for capital expenditure - it incurs no large down payments or interest costs and preserves borrowing capacity, thus improving cash flow
Interested in our load monitoring equipment hire? Simply contact us to find out more about our loadbank hire and how it could help you.