Which power package is right for you?
Every site is different. So one of our Power Specialists will survey your site
and create a design especially for you.
The kit and the know-how
Our team of power specialists have extensive experience delivering load testing projects for a range of sectors, including manufacturing, renewables, data centres and shipping.
As each test is different, we offer a range of loadbanks and supporting hire equipment that we match to your needs, including:
- AC loadbanks from 100 kW ‘resistive only’ to 6000 kVA combined ‘resistive and reactive’ in single or multiple units
- DC loadbanks capable of accepting voltages up to 500 V
- Multi-tap transformers fitted with high voltage switchgear and protection as standard
We’ve designed our controls to make testing simple. You can do it remotely using a simple hand-held device, or on a laptop using our testing software, which allows you to collect test data – useful if you need to give your customers or partners proof of testing.
In addition, we provide full load test documentation for quality auditing purposes, including method statements and schematics.
From a single 10 kW low voltage test, to a large, multi-megawatt, high voltage application, we’re always prepared with our loadbank hire service.
Testing and commissioning applications for loadbank hire
Our resistive and reactive loadbanks can be hired for:
- Maintenance testing of power equipment
- Testing lower power factor simulation, frequency converters or full electrical system integration
- Pre-commissioning and commissioning of newly installed renewables projects, including wind turbines and solar panels
- Commissioning of newly installed power systems, including turbines, diesel generators, motors and uninterrupted power systems (UPS) in particular for critical sites such as data centres
- Testing cooling systems, including chillers and air conditioning systems
Why load test with Aggreko?
- Loadbanks can be delivered and installed in the shortest possible time-frame to meet your needs.
- Loadtesting can thoroughly prove power management systems and systems integration prior to go-live.
- Thoroughly testing power systems before they are commissioned reduces the risk of problems during commissioning, project delays and potential contract penalties.
- Loadbank hire eliminates the need for capital expenditure - it incurs no large down payments or interest costs and preserves borrowing capacity, thus improving cash flow.