"When a power plant goes online there’s no better feeling in the world. Especially in remote areas where it makes a real difference to community life."
Power everyday life
Without electricity, factories could not operate, hospitals could not offer lifesaving operations and communities would not be able to power essential facilities. We help to keep services like these running by deploying our rental power stations to:
- Bring power in hard to reach or inhospitable, locations such as offshore sites, high altitudes and deserts
- Support developing regions while local governments and utilities build their own power plants
- Substitute for the grid supply when it is not available
- Respond swiftly if natural disasters leave local communities without power for essential services
So when you need a reliable and temporary power solution for your community, you can count on us.
Temporary power plants to meet your needs
When you need to run a large-scale operation, power an entire city or an entire mine there are many complex criteria to consider.
Because we design, build and run our temporary power stations, our technicians can install a multi-megawatt plant within weeks. We start by working with you to find the best location for your power plant. We consider environmental and local regulations and create detailed plans, including 3D modelling of the proposed site.
We can take care of civil works, if needed – which include levelling the ground, building roads, putting in drainage and laying fuel lines.
We put safety first and when we build a temporary power station we:
- Supply generators, transformers and switchgear
- Provide fuel management systems, fuel tanks, monitor fuel levels and schedule deliveries
- Supply control rooms, operated 24/7 by our experienced plant technicians
- Supply high-voltage and low-voltage power cables
- Provide safety management practices to keep workers safe
As supply needs change, we can scale up or down on both installed capacity and fuel contracts.
Being the one power supplier, we provide the in-house engineering and technical support, which reduces administration and provides higher service levels, quicker response and problem resolution. This simplifies business operations.
We can train local people to run the temporary power station until it is not needed anymore, and then proceed to decommission the equipment and remove it from your site.
Supplement your existing power supply
Sometimes, the demand on your utility can exceed the supply – particularly in rapidly developing regions. You can rent equipment to make up the shortfall until the utility can meet your supply needs. We can:
- Install distributed power generation systems
- Supply power when your plant is down for maintenance
- Apply peak shaving to reduce exposure to high market prices
- Support you during infrastructure upgrades by powering areas not yet connected to the grid
- Plug the gap when renewable energies can’t generate enough power to meet demand – such as hydropower plants during droughts or wind farms during storm season
We can run our power stations in grid mode to supply power to your grid, or we can work in island mode to supply power directly to one area, such as a remote mining operation or an oil field. We can run our generators using the fuel source you already have in place which ultimately saves you money.
For more than 20 years, Aggreko has been delivering power to satisfy the needs of customers in a range of industries, in different configurations, in harsh environments and remote locations.
With our vast range of generators and power plant solutions and our worldwide presence, we can deliver virtually any solution anywhere. We can respond at short notice and install our equipment within days in most locations, depending on the amount of power you need.
Our robust design practises ensures that the power plant will deliver power reliably. Any size power source from 10 KW to 250MW is available as and when needed. This scalable solution matches capacity with the demand to ensure the plant runs at maximum efficiency giving you maximum return on the investment.
We can supply diesel or gas fuel to power the plant and equipment and we can change the fuel type at minimal cost giving you the lowest cost fuel option.
THE AGGREKO DIFFERENCE
Because we design, build and run our power plants, our technicians can install a multi-megawatt plant within weeks.
Our rental arrangements remove the need for capital outlay and enable you to make accurate budget forecasts.
We deliver flexible and cost-effective packages tailored to meet the timeframe, location, type of fuel and budget that you require. We offer short and long-term rentals – from three months to many years of partnership. What’s more, the power we supply is scalable and we can increase it or decrease it, depending on demand. We offer a fuel burn guarantee that caps production costs.
Our rental arrangements mean you only need to pay for it for as long as you need it. After that, we remove the installation at no further cost.
Aggreko delivers, installs and proactively maintains the plant and equipment for you, with costs associated with routine maintenance included in the rental fee. Supplied on an as need basis the units can be deployed and re-located as required.