"Because we design, build and run our power plants, our technicians can install a multi-megawatt plant within weeks."
Temporary power plants that won’t let you down
Without electricity, factories couldn’t operate, schools couldn’t open and councils wouldn’t be able to power essential facilities. We help to keep services running by deploying our temporary power plants to:
- Bring temporary power solutions to hard to reach and isolated locations, such as offshore, the highlands or remote islands.
- Supplement the grid when storms or floods affect power lines, sub-stations and renewable energy plants.
- Respond swiftly if natural disasters leave local communities without power for essential services.
So when you need power for your community, you can count on temporary power plants from Aggreko.
Custom temporary power plants
When you need to run a large-scale operation, or power an entire city, there’s lot of complex criteria to consider.
Because we design, build and run our power plants, our technicians can install a multi-megawatt plant within weeks. We’ll start by working with you to find the best location for your temporary power plant. We’ll consider environmental and local regulations and create detailed plans, including 3D modelling of the proposed site.
We can also take care of any civil works, if needed – levelling the ground, building roads, putting in drainage and laying fuel lines. What’s more, we always put safety first and work to the strictest standards around the world. When we build a power plant we supply everything, including:
- Power plant generators, transformers and switch gear.
- Fuel management, including providing fuel tanks, monitoring fuel levels and scheduling deliveries.
- Control rooms, operated 24/7 by our experienced plant technicians.
- High-voltage and low-voltage power cables.
In addition to setting up your temporary power plant, we can also employ and train local people to run the site, if needed. And once it’s time to remove the power plant, we’ll decommission the equipment, remove it from your site and leave everything clean and clear.
Supplementing your existing power supply
Sometimes, the demand on your utility can exceed the supply – particularly in remoter regions. Renting temporary power equipment can make up the shortfall until you can upgrade your grid connection. We can help:
- Install distributed power generation systems.
- Cover maintenance times when your plant equipment is out of action.
- Cover peak shaving during seasonal increases in demand.
- Support you during infrastructure upgrades with temporary power solutions to areas not yet connected to the grid.
- Plug the gap when renewable energies can’t generate enough power to meet demand.
We can run our temporary power plants in grid mode, to supply power to your grid, or we can work in island mode to supply power directly to one area, such as a remote factory. What’s more, we can run our generators using the fuel source you already have in place – saving you money.
Fast and flexible temporary power solutions
Because we have generators ready at our locations around the world, we can respond at short notice, installing our equipment within days, or weeks, depending on the amount of power you need.
Our packages are flexible and tailored to your time frame, location, choice of fuel and power needs, as well as your budget. We can offer short and long-term temporary power rentals – from three months to many years of partnership. What’s more, the power we supply is scalable and we can dial it up, or down, depending on demand.
Contact us to find out more about the temporary power solutions Aggreko can offer.