“Whether you’re operating a wind farm, a photovoltaic plant, or a hydropower dam, we can help you to bring your power"
Bringing on and offshore renewable energy plants online
Building and commissioning renewable energy resources such as wind, solar, hydropower, waste-to-energy and anaerobic digestion plants takes years of planning.
We have extensive experience in helping renewable energy projects complete on time. Our specialist engineers can work closely with you to understand your project, then provide the right power and loadbank package to bring your plant to life.
And if there is a grid outage we can be there quickly with on and offshore generator rental packages or, heating and drying solutions, to keep your equipment healthy.
Your renewable energy lifetime partner
We’ve been working with the on and offshore renewables industry since it started, so we know that each stage of design brings unique challenges. We can help you with:
- Planning and infrastructure: We can provide power for your site surveys and initial infrastructure work, including laying cables and civil works. We can also supply power, heating, cooling and dehumidification for site camps and equipment storage.
- Construction: Our rental generators, distribution and fuel management service will support during on and offshore construction and installation, together with temperature-control equipment for storage units and worker accommodation.
- Pre-commissioning: We can provide the power needed to fully test turbines and equipment prior to commissioning, to make sure nothing has been damaged during transit to site.
- Testing and commissioning: Our high-voltage technicians will bring in a tailor-made rental package, including loadbanks, on or offshore generators and transformers, to mirror the power conditions and loads you expect from the grid, so you can be sure that everything will work perfectly from the moment you connect to it. This can result in early revenue generation and meeting subsidy reduction deadlines.
- Operation and maintenance: If grid power is disconnected for any reason, we can provide a temporary power solution to keep your equipment healthy and make sure you return to exporting power swiftly. We can also help you manage temperature and humidity levels during equipment repairs, upgrades and maintenance, tailoring our packages to regional and seasonal conditions.
Whether you’re working on or offshore, our dedicated engineers will be by your side – every step of the way.
Bringing power online and supplementing it when needed
Communities and businesses rely on a steady, dependable power supply. So it’s important to make sure your new plant will be up to the task, together with planning for times when bad weather or seasonal changes threaten your power production.
Whether you’re operating a wind farm, a photovoltaic plant, or a hydropower dam, we can help you to bring your power supply online – on time. Our high-voltage engineers will bring in our loadbanks and transformers to mirror the conditions and loads you expect, so you can be sure that everything will work perfectly the moment you connect to the grid.
We can also bridge the gap when nature stops you from producing. So if you have to turn off your wind turbines during a storm, or if a drought stops hydropower production, we’ll keep things going with generators that we can synchronise with the grid, while meeting all regulations.
What’s more, our engineers are used to working in challenging locations. So no matter how isolated your site, we’ll find the best way to get our equipment to you – by air, land, sea, or river.
Working with cleaner fuels and quieter generators
We’re committed to working with you in the most environmentally sensitive way possible. That’s why we’ve developed a range of generator rentals to run on gas.
Our natural gas generators have low emissions, are virtually smoke free and are sound-proofed to comply with local noise regulations. What’s more, because they’re containerised, we’ve significantly reduced the risk of engine fluid spills.
We’ve also adapted generators to run on biodiesel and non-standard gases. All of which means that we can use the best, and lowest cost fuel available to meet your site needs.
“The speed in which Aggreko installed their generators was very quick. Meeting our tight deadlines, they were able to supply us with high quality, reliable equipment and very responsive staff.”
“I was delighted by the excellent service delivered by the French onsite project engineers.”
“We’ve worked with the Renewable industry since it started, so we know how to bring sites online in the most efficient and cost-effective way.”