Economically cold stack rig assets effectively
For drilling contractors who are considering reducing operating costs with cold stacking —our precise temperature control and power solutions could help you save $35,000 a day and halve your reactivation time.
Cold stacking your rigs with Aggreko allows you to:
- Protect critical components of your significant capital assets
- Significantly reduce rig operating costs when idle
- Lower recommissioning costs and achieve faster recommissioning timelines —getting assets back to producing revenue quicker
When compared to desiccant-based humification, our mechanical refrigeration approach is more efficient at removing humidity in offshore environments —as it tempers the space instead of adding heat. This also provides a 35-40% reduction in power capacity.
As part of this service we perform a scoping study to provide a detailed recommendation based on each projects specific needs.
Highlights of the scoping study:
- Performed by our team of equipment, airflow, temperature control, and dehumidification experts
- Determines the target areas where conditioning is needed
- Outlines the ideal dehumidification system design
- Provides initial and operating cost estimates
- Focused on minimising modifications, penetrations, and potential damage to the rig
Once commissioned, we will install the equipment and power infrastructure, maintain the installation, and own the service and warranty.
Because we are focused on a very specific range of products —power, temperature control and air compressors – we have the technical expertise, equipment, skills and experience on a big scale, and to a depth, that no one else can rival.