“Power plants can’t run at their best without regular maintenance. However, you need to keep planned outages to a minimum, or risk letting your customers down.”
Power is in our blood
We believe our power generation, transmission, and distribution expertise is second to none. Whether you’re bringing a fossil fuel plant or nuclear plant online, need temporary power and distribution during planned or unplanned outages, or have HVAC, compressed air, or dehumidification needs, Aggreko has a trusted track record.
We know that no two plants are the same. So instead of supplying off-the-shelf rental equipment, we listen to your needs, work out the best approach, then engineer, deliver, install, monitor, and maintain the best solution for the job. Most of the time, this means we custom-design power, cooling or dehumidification systems for our customers, and this is where we excel.
Our electrical engineers and industry-savvy technicians are certified to work in the utilities industry, which means we know how to reduce outage days, keep customer interruptions to a minimum and maintain a safe working environment. You’ll be in safe hands with us as your utility partner.
How we keep power flowing to your customers
Our experienced utility engineers can help you by:
- Quickly restoring power with backup or emergency power systems during outages caused by weather, equipment breakdown, or natural disasters.
- Finding the best way to avoid disruptions and protect equipment during routine maintenance or upgrades.
- Supplying power, distribution, HVAC, compressed air, and dehumidification systems designed to maintain your plant’s capacity.
- Systems augmentation for Nuclear power plants.
“It’s essential for utility companies to keep the lights on for their customers. We understand power plants and grids inside out, so we can get things online fast.”
Keep downtime to a minimum in the most efficient way
Power plants can’t run at optimal levels without regular maintenance. However, we understand the need to keep planned outages to a minimum, or risk letting your customers down. We can help you review your processes and engineer the best approach to your maintenance processes and schedules, ultimately reducing outage days, saving money, and focusing on safety.
During maintenance, we can supply high-voltage switch gear and transformers that sync with the grid to augment, or replace, power. And if you face a sudden power outage, our expertise and fast turnaround times mean that we can get you back online as quickly and as painlessly as possible.
Health and safety first: keeping critical conditions cool
We put safety at the heart of everything we do. From making work environments comfortable to installing process cooling systems in power plants, there are many ways we can keep mission-critical systems running.
- Dehumidification systems to help preserve your equipment and protect turbine engines from corrosion.
- Cooling systems to enhance power production by lowering inlet and discharge temperatures.
- Effective workspace cooling systems and heat-stress mitigation.
- Spent fuel cooling for Nuclear power plants.
We have the skills and accreditation to provide comprehensive power and cooling systems for nuclear plants– something very few companies can claim.