Looking to the future
With the world facing an estimated power gap of 100 GW by the end of this decade, quick, scalable power and energy storage is set to be even more crucial to industry, communities and entire economies.
That’s why we’re continually innovating to meet the future with confidence – supplying power on demand, anywhere in the world, while respecting the environment.
Reinventing energy for over 50 years
From small beginnings, we’ve become the global leader in what we do, not just in terms of size but in the range and efficiency of products we offer. We’re doing this by:
- Developing new products at our own research and development facility in Dumbarton, Scotland.
- Exploring new technologies at our Aggreko Technology Centre of Excellence, based with Ricardo, a global engineering, strategic and environmental consultancy, near Brighton, UK.
- Working with researchers and students at leading universities to investigate and find answers to the energy problems of the future.
We never sit back and accept the status quo – from engineers to management, we’re always looking at the world through our customers’ eyes and investing in technology that will support them better.
Reinventing energy in innovative ways means providing cost-effective, cleaner and greener power, and reducing Carbon dioxide (CO2), Nitrogen Oxide (NOx) and particulate emissions, while running our generators in the most efficient way possible.
To achieve this, we’re developing a range of technologies, including:
- Renewable energy, for example mobile modular PV
- Hybrid solutions, consisting of different technologies
- Batteries for power storage
- Waste heat recovery for power, heating and cooling (combined heat and power)
- Regasification of liquefied natural gas (LNG)
- More efficient generator systems
- Remote monitoring technology to keep performance at its best
- A generator fleet that can work with natural gas, associated gases, heavy fuel oil (HFO) and hybrid options
And the future?
With mounting global pressure to reduce emissions and improve land and air quality, our next task is to bring more renewables, like wind and solar power, into the energy mix. As these sources can be unreliable, and our customers often need power fast, in critical situations, we have a started to include battery storage, a technology that outbalances fluctuating generation. Also, we offer hybrid and renewable solutions that are modular and mobile and therefore can be quickly deployed. With our decade-long experience in providing reliable power whenever and wherever it is needed, we’re the best people for the job.