Download our brochure and read more about Aggreko’s Tier 4 Final low-emission generators
Now you can minimize emissions while maximizing performance.
Aggreko is setting the rental industry-wide standard in low-emission, clean power generators
At the same time, we provide the complete care and support it takes to keep your project and site up and running. It’s not just a quiet, efficient generator but the combination of industry-leading equipment, constant monitoring, and help every step of the way from implementation to ongoing maintenance.
What is Tier 4 Final?
Tier 4 Final is a set of emissions standards around non-road diesel engines. With diesel being a common source of pollutants like nitrous oxide and particulate matter, setting regulated standards for emissions is an important way to make power generation less harmful to the environment.
TIER 4F Engines Produce 96% Less NOx AND 98% PM Emissions than Tier 1 Engines
How do Stage 5 vs Tier 4 Final differ?
Stage 5 or Stage V is a set of European emission standards for diesel engines, focusing on similar emissions and pollutants to Tier 4 Final. It’s not a case of Stage 5 vs Tier 4 Final, but two closely related sets of expectations, applying to different regions around the world.
What emissions are regulated?
The overarching goal of the EPA is to reduce emissions across all engines, partly through innovation and encouraging the market to design new solutions. Previous implementations of the standards have focused on a reduction of carbon monoxide (CO) and particulate matter emissions. However, Tier 4F also emphasizes stringent demands on reducing NOx (causing acid rain).
How to reduce emissions with Aggreko low-emission generators
Installed and monitored by our experts, our Tier 4 Final generators deliver low-emission power generation through improved technology.
Across our range, you’ll find features including:
- Diesel particulate filter to reduce particulate matter
- Selective catalytic reduction system to reduce NOx emissions
- Diesel oxidation catalyst to reduce CO emissions through oxidization
- Low noise with variable-speed fans to reduce sound at lower loads – ideal for urban areas
- Arc flash detection and physical safety barriers to protect operators
- Internal Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF)/AdBlue tank matches to internal fuel capacity – so the DEF only needs to be filled when the fuel tank does
- External DEF/AdBlue tank options to extend on-site refill intervals, supply multiple generators, and reduce site installation footprint
The whole fleet across an entire project must be monitored. Our remote monitoring lets you optimize, control, and manage your on-hire fleet with ease.
Talk to Aggreko today to see how we can support your business with:
- Lower emissions to reach Tier 4 Final emissions standards
- Reduced controlled emissions bringing NOx, CO2, and VOCs to near-zero levels
- Reduction in harmful particulates
- Reduced fuel usage and costs – saving money on your bottom line
- Low noise for environments like urban centers and residential spaces
- Fast installation and commissioning – just plug and play with the entire Aggreko ecosystem
- Faster, more secure setup with extended fuel and DEF fill intervals
- Actionable insights with Aggreko Remote Monitoring (ARM) to optimize your fleet, backed by our Remote Operations Center (ROC)