Aggreko Cooling Tower Services
Beat the Heat with an Aggreko Temporary Cooling Tower Solution
When a cooling tower fails, can’t cope with a heat wave, or when other short-term problems overwhelm the cooling capacity of a tower, Aggreko Cooling Tower Services (ACTS) is ready to deploy the right solution.
A specialty group within Aggreko, ACTS is credited with pioneering the rental cooling tower industry. We have completed hundreds of projects across a wide range of applications — including some of the largest emergency cooling tower operations ever undertaken — for many industries. That experience, and the nationwide availability of our large fleet of temporary cooling towers, piping, pumping and power generation equipment, has dramatically reduced risks involved with implementing cooling tower solutions for any job at any scale. No other rental company in the world can offer this in-house expertise or the capability to respond to any cooling tower need, no matter how large, no matter how far, no matter how urgent.
Aggreko’s ability to rapidly deploy rental cooling towers to resolve a myriad cooling water issue has significantly changed the way businesses deal with the heat.
A fleet of solutions for any cooling water limitation.
- Temporary Cooling Capacity — To maximize production during hot summer months or peak demand times, ACTS specialists use temporary cooling towers to lower the temperatures of water from your over-heated main tower.
- Cooling Tower Replacement and Repair — When a permanent cooling tower needs to be repaired or replaced, the work can be performed without any interruption in plant productivity by diverting water from the primary tower to Aggreko’s rental towers with the same capacity.
- Thermal Discharge — Maintaining discharge water temperature limits is particularly challenging in hot weather. ACTS’ efficient solution is to run a portion of the overheated discharge water through our temporary cooling towers, where it is cooled and blended with the remaining discharge water stream to achieve the desired discharge water temperature. The plant keeps running at full capability, discharging water at environmentally safe and compliant temperatures.
- Emergency Cooling — ACTS reduces costly downtime after disaster strikes. We can deliver a turnkey system, including pipes, pumping, electrical distribution and generators to restore cooling capacity within days — or even sooner, if the customer has prepared an emergency contingency plan with Aggreko.
- Wastewater Cooling — Some industrial water treatment processes depend on micro-organisms to break down hydrocarbons and other contaminants in waste water streams before the water can be disposed or returned for re-use. When water temperatures get too hot the micro-organisms cannot survive and therefore are unable to remove the contaminants from the waste water. ACTS has custom cooling towers configured to cool this water and maintaining a healthy environment for the micro-organisms to thrive.