Commissioning, Grid Emulation and more
Powering your path to renewable energy
Commissioning utility-scale and distributed renewable energy projects is a complex process. Timelines and budgeting are critical. Engineering, deployment and integration must be executed without fault.
And the risk of grid connection delays is high. Overstressed T&D assets, weather-related events, supply chain disruptions, local system upgrades and remote site access each contribute to — and compound — your risk of delay.
Aggreko shares your goal of building a cleaner, more resilient renewable power grid. That's why we integrate technological advancements like automatic load control systems with alternative fuels and expert engineering solutions.
Our range of energy transition services enable you to set the pace for the grid’s evolution — and meet your deadlines. They bring renewable energy projects online faster, more efficiently, with a reduced carbon footprint. And support your efforts towards a cleaner energy future.
Your lifetime partner for renewable energy
Aggreko has been working with the wind farm industry since it started, so we know that each stage of design brings unique challenges. We can work with turbine manufacturers, wind farm operators and contractors to help you with:
- Planning and infrastructure: We can provide power for your site surveys and initial infrastructure work, including laying cables and civil works. We can also supply power, heating, cooling and dehumidification for site camps and wind turbine equipment storage.
- Construction: We can provide power, distribution and fuel management during wind farm construction and installation, together with temperature-control equipment for storage units and worker accommodation.
- Pre-commissioning: We can provide the power and loadbanks needed to fully test turbines prior to commissioning the wind farm, to make sure nothing has been damaged during transit to the site.
- Testing and commissioning: Our high-voltage technicians will bring in a tailor-made package, including load banks, generators and transformers, to mirror the power conditions and loads you expect from the grid, so you can be sure that everything will work perfectly from the moment you connect to it. This can result in early revenue generation and meeting subsidy-reduction deadlines.
- Operation and maintenance: If grid power is interrupted for any reason, we can provide a temporary power solution to keep your equipment healthy and make sure you return to generating power swiftly. We can help you manage temperature and humidity levels during blade repairs with equipment that we tailor to regional and seasonal conditions. We also provide power, heating, cooling and dehumidification during tower upgrades and maintenance.
Whether you’re working onshore or offshore, our dedicated engineers will be by your side —every step of the way.
Our renewable energy solutions:
- Modular temporary energy systems for commissioning wind, solar, wastewater treatment, solid waste to energy, hydropower and battery projects
- Grid emulation, including generators, load banks and control software
- A-Z project engineering and project management
- Real-time fluctuation testing for system components
- Custom-engineered temporary substation and distribution equipment
- Cost-saving fuel efficiency programs
Aggreko takes charge of all aspects of the renewable energy project commissioning process. Meet commitment dates, achieve key milestones and ensure eligibility for financial incentives. So you can mitigate financial, reputation and construction risks — and gain peace of mind.
- Optimize commissioning strategy for reduced risk
- Accelerate project timelines
- Minimize fuel consumption and carbon footprint
- Decrease O&M, labor, and monitoring costs
Delivering renewables projects on time
Developers, contractors and manufacturers on over 250 sites worldwide have accelerated commissioning timelines with Aggreko's grid emulation services. We provide:
- Support for solar, wind and battery applications
- Tailored, scalable designs
- Generators designed to communicate with load banks
- Automatic load control
- 24/7 real-time remote monitoring with advanced diagnostics
- Hybrid battery solutions
Work with cleaner fuels and noiseless generators
We’re committed to working with you in the most environmentally-sensitive way possible. That’s why we developed a range of generators to run on gas. Our natural gas generators have low emissions, are virtually smoke free and are sound-proofed to comply with local noise regulations. What’s more, because they’re containerized, we’ve significantly reduced the risk of engine fluid spills. We’ve also adapted generators to run on biodiesel and non-standard gases, so with all of these fuel options, there is always a way to bring clean natural gas power to your operations. All of which means that we can use the best, and lowest cost fuel available to meet your site needs.
Your partner in the energy transition
Get collaborative, customized turnkey solutions for your renewable energy needs. Decarbonize and meet regulatory targets with our clean energy technology installation and management.
Aggreko's experience, expertise and assets can help you power a cleaner future. You're bringing a new era of renewable power online. We're here with you every step of the way.