Supporting the development of the global Wind Farm sector
Renewable energy is key to the future of our planet and this is why Aggreko has been working closely with the wind farm industry since its inception.
Whether you’re working onshore or offshore, we have over 50 years of experience and an in-depth understanding of the power and temperature control needs of your wind farms. In this time we’ve supported over 700 offshore installations across Europe alone.
Our exclusive wind energy agreement with ComRent enables us to deliver complex wind turbine commissioning solutions making us your ideal partner throughout your wind-farm lifecycle.
From the beginning of your project, as well as powering your construction equipment, we provide temporary power and temperature control solutions for:
- Pitching the turbine blades and protecting the nacelles during construction or while in storage
- Drilling operations and piling for foundations
- Heavy lift vessels for deploying equipment
- Cable laying both from shore-to-offshore and between arrays
- Substation testing and commissioning
We know how critical a smooth commissioning process is to the success of your farm. Our solutions are designed to save you time and money by allowing production to begin as soon as the substation is complete. This includes:
- Preliminary commissioning of auxiliaries and associated equipment prior to main commissioning
- Power and loadbanks to test transformers, switchgear, and electronic systems at both low and high voltage
- High voltage power for flux tests of substation transformers
- Low voltage power for static commissioning of turbines and hydraulic systems
- High voltage power ring main testing for both single and multiple wind turbine start-ups
- Chilled water plant to enable commissioning of HVDC converter stations prior to the seawater cooling systems coming online
- Resistive/reactive load banks used to stabilise the system
Operations and maintenance
To ensure your wind farm runs as smoothly as possible, we tailor our environmental control packages for ongoing operations based on your specific regional and seasonal requirements for managing temperature and dehumidification. We also provide:
- Comfort cooling for construction contractors
- Individual temporary power during maintenance shutdown periods
- Fuel management of power or cooling/dehumidification units
- Temporary dehumidification of blades and nacelles
- Support for blade remediation in situ or blade hospital
We understand you can’t afford for your operations to be halted by a mains power or site equipment failure. Aggreko will help you plan for unforeseen events to keep your site in production no matter what comes your way. Our service engineers will carry out a site survey and complete a detailed plan of the equipment, logistics, and installation requirements for keeping your farm operational. They will then work with you to develop a recovery plan for any eventuality.
Our 24/7/365 emergency service is designed to resolve critical power or temperature control issues as soon as possible. With over 190 service centres strategically placed near major hubs across the world, our team can provide a rapid response and return your site to full operation with minimal disruption and downtime. Our service engineers will carry out a site survey and complete a detailed plan of the equipment, logistics, and installation requirements for keeping your farm operational. They will then work with you to develop a recovery plan for any eventuality.
Putting your trust in Aggreko
With all our experience, we understand exactly what it takes to set up a successful wind farm and keep it at optimal productivity and efficiency throughout its life. When you partner with Aggreko you’ll have peace of mind that your operations are in safe hands from day one.
Lifecycle of a Wind Farm-How can we support
“The speed in which Aggreko installed their generators was very quick. Meeting our tight deadlines, they were able to supply us with high quality, reliable equipment and very responsive staff.”
“I was delighted by the excellent service delivered by the French onsite project engineers.”
“We’ve worked with the Renewable industry since it started, so we know how to bring sites online in the most efficient and cost-effective way.”