High performance Tier 4 Final generators for ultra-low emissions
Explore our Tier 4 Final Generators
Tier 4 Final: Low-Emission Generator Rental
Now you can minimize emissions while maximizing performance.
Discover more about our Tier 4 Final generators
Specifically designed to cut down on harmful pollutants, our Tier 4 Final generators comply with the most stringent requirements set out by the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) for diesel engines. They operate in the same way as the cleanest car engines, lowering regulated emissions like NOx, particulate matter (PM), and CO. Also, CO2 emissions can be reduced by minimizing fuel consumption and utilizing environmentally friendly biofuels.
The new innovative fleet will deliver a 98% reduction in the volume of particulates and 96% less NOx gas compared to the basic engines in older generators.
With Aggreko´s Tier 4 Final generator rental, you can guarantee high performance while working towards your sustainability goals.
Setting the standard for low-emission temporary power generators
Aggreko is proud to manufacture and offer the largest fleet of Tier 4 Final-compliant generators in the U.S. and Canada. With models ranging from 25 kW to 1,200 kW in capacity, the Tier 4 Final fleet offers lower-emission power generation with the same high-spec design you can always expect from Aggreko.
Robust and fuel-efficient, our low-noise generators can deliver on your temporary power needs without sacrificing performance, setting a new standard in low-emission energy.
What is Tier 4 Final?
Tier 4 Final is the final phase regulating emissions from new and in-use non-road compression-ignition diesel engines. It aims to reduce emitted harmful substances and is an evolution of previous standards.
What emissions are regulated?
In the US, EPA emissions regulations govern the use of temporary power generators. Some of the key regulations for generators include:
- A 5-stage schedule for emissions reductions on all engines, each of which has driven the development of more complex low-emission engines.
- NOx (Nitrous Oxide) reduction. NOx emissions stay in the air for much longer than CO2 and cause acid rain.
- PM (Particulate Matter) reduction. These small carbon particles (also known as soot) are created by incomplete combustion of fossil fuels. They can reduce air quality and impact health.
How to reduce emissions with Aggreko low-emission generators
Installed and monitored by experts, our Tier 4 Final generators deliver low-emission power generation through improved technology with the following features across the range:
- Diesel Particulate Filter to reduce particulate matter (PM)
- Selective Catalytic Reduction system to reduce NOx emissions
- Diesel Oxidation Catalyst to reduce CO emissions through oxidization
- Low noise, with variable speed fans drastically reducing sound at lower loads and in lighter ambient conditions to allow for use in urban areas
- Arc Flash detection and physical safety barriers to provide safety to the operators
- Internal Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF)/ Adblue tank matched to internal fuel capacity to ensure that DEF only requires filling at the same frequency as the fuel tank refills
- External DEF/AdBlue tank options to extend on-site refill intervals, supply multiple generators and reduce the required site installation footprint
Helping you meet your emissions targets
When it comes to measuring your emissions, the whole fleet across an entire project must be monitored. Our remote monitoring allows you to easily optimize, control and manage your on-hire fleet.
We have the largest Tier 4 Final fleet available nationwide, with models ranging from 25 kW - 1200 kW
Talk to Aggreko today to see how we can support your business and deliver the following benefits:
- Lower emissions - helping you reach your carbon reduction targets
- Reduces controlled emissions (NOx, CO2, VOCs) to near zero levels
- Further neutralizes harmful particulates
- Reduced fuel usage and costs - saving money on your bottom line
- Low noise - ideal for projects when sound needs to be kept to a minimum
- Fast installation and commissioning - plug and play with the entire Aggreko ecosystem, saving you time and hassle
- Faster and more secure site set up with extending fuel and DEF fill intervals
- Actionable insights - Aggreko Remote Monitoring (ARM) to optimize, control and manage your on-hire fleet. Providing proactive maintenance and fuel service, backed by our Remote Operations Center (ROC) available round the clock.